Friday, February 14, 2014

Sur La Table Farmer's Popcorn Cob

Happy Valentines Day!

I had the most fascinating (and satisfying) popcorn experience today. It was one of the coolest experiences ever.

One of my students gave me a goodie bag and immediately asked if I got the 'corn on the cob' she got me. I thought, what a weird thing to ask! A corn on the cob in a Valentines Day goodie bag?

True enough, I fished out this thing:



It was an actual corn on the cob. Except it felt dehydrated.

I read the fine print and realized it was supposed to be microwavable popcorn. That got me really excited! So, when I got home, the first thing I did was try out my new toy...


I had to put the corn on the cob in this paper bag, which looks exactly like a regular microwavable popcorn bag, pop it in the microwave on high for two minutes, and voila! You've got yourself some fresh popcorn.

I was very doubtful at first, but I couldn't help but imagine how cool it would look. I expected to see a bunch of popped popcorn still on the cob, but after two minutes of extremely loud popping (the first pop was the loudest, most terrifying thing I've ever heard coming from inside my microwave), this was what I got:


The bag was filled with wonderful, fresh, unsalted popcorn. And inside it rested the coolest thing I've ever seen in the world of snackage...


Munching on popcorn from a cob has to be the most fun thing about eating my favorite snack of all time. Even more fun than going through the unpopped/semi-popped kernels at the bottom, a guilty pleasure of mine.

I am giving Sur La Table Farmer's Popcorn Cob 5/5 stars. It's a fun, yummy gift for all ages and occasions.



No comments:

Post a Comment